IT Service Desk Technician - Level 2
CIO Technology Solutions is a Technology Solutions Provider of cloud hosting, technology support, network security and compliance, and design and solution consulting. We are committed to providing best in class service to our clients as well as helping our people grow and reach their potential. We are a great place to call home because we embrace the “Work hard, Play Hard” philosophy and think of each other as family! We are always looking for and welcome the critical thinkers with strong analytical skills who are adaptable, have excellent communication skills, and are committed to continuous learning. If you are one of these people and you want to invest your future in us, we will invest in you! We offer an excellent benefits package as well as educational and career growth opportunities in a fast-paced but fun environment.
We’re currently seeking an experienced IT Service Desk Technician Level 2. The Level 2 role is responsible for resolving customer reported issues relating to workstations, peripherals, on-premise and cloud-hosted systems as well as performing software and hardware installations, making configuration changes, workstation and server upgrades, routine maintenance, license tracking, monitor customer networks and escalating critical network alarms to level 3 support. Must be able to perform in a highly dynamic environment autonomously or as a team to consistently provide best in class technical customer support to a wide variety of clients.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email, providing troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques and asking pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers, including knowing when to escalate to the next support level
- Record events and problems and their resolution in ConnectWise ticketing system
- Participate in the after-hours “on-call” rotation schedule.
- Document “unique to customer” or “systemic problem” resolution activities for future staff reference.
- Perform technical review or evaluations of new or existing products or software as assigned
- Engage in Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange, and SQL installation, support, and troubleshooting
- Mentor Level 1 staff regarding core technology skills required for CIO Tech’s managed customer networks
- Customer data backup services, response, troubleshooting, and validation of data. Microsoft Windows Server 2008 – 2016, Server Operations and Domain Support
- Microsoft Windows 7, 10 desktop OS and Microsoft Office suite configuration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Windows professional version desktop operating systems (most current 3 versions)
- Microsoft Office applications (most current 3 versions)
- Microsoft business application products (Lync, Skype, Visio, 365, etc.)
- Windows Server Active Directory user support
- Network Printer/Scanner setup and support
- Citrix XenApp remote desktop services
- Internet Explorer/Chrome, support of multiple browsers
- Customer-oriented and even-tempered
- ConnectWise/LabTech experience preferred
- 3 years of IT support experience within a MSP (Managed Services Environment) preferred
- 2 year (AS) degree in Computer Technology, similar degree or experience preferred
- CompTIA A+, Network +, Security Plus, similar certification or experience preferred
- Microsoft MTA or MCSA preferred
- ITIL Foundations Certification preferred
- PTO Package
- Complete Insurance package (includes health, dental, vision, life, and ancillary coverage options)
- IRA Package with 100% match
- Referral Bonuses
- Business casual attire
- Frequent company events, lunches and other perks